I have a rant.
Yesterday I had to do a fair bit of running around, and no surprise; 5 taxi's I tried to hail have the "On Call" placard up (yellow taxis) and 3 wouldn't take me (blue taxi's with GREEN availale "TAXI" sign up). Worst part was, it was already 10.30pm at night; not even peak hour anymore. I eventually had to call one, and my call was picked up within seconds (clearly indicating an availability of taxis in the area - just waiting for someone to call, of course.)
Its just your ordinary Friday night at Cross Street.
Seriously, I really think the public of Singapore should do something about this. On one hand taxi drivers are complaining that business is no good, and that there are too many taxis on the road, but seriously! I say do away with the 'On Call' system, and let customers bid for taxis. Allow me to explain:
To book at taxi at an area where taxi drivers need to drive all the way out for (eg. Woodlands, at 2am), callers can say, "I'll pay three dollars extra", and taxi drivers can then accept the call with the message, and claim it.
Then even in situations where someone needs to go somewhere urgently; you can offer more money. That does away with taxis trying to rip all of us off!!!
How do I bring this up to Parliament? Lol!
That aside...its been a crazy week for me and its going to get worse. Don't miss me if I cant post over the next few days. ;)
1. I had meetings at Mediacorp over a *hush hush* hosting job I will be doing for them in the very near future; stay tuned here to find out just what show, and further details.
2. I had the Simmons event to host on Thursday (pictures below).
3. I had ESPN Caltex Score Today Friday morning, which meant waking at 4am again. Then I had to rush over to a photoshoot for Courts; where we went on till late in the evening. I was exhausted beyond belief, but am so excited 'cause I will be in most of the Courts Mammoth Ads for the next seven weeks. Stay tuned for that right here!
4. Caltex Score Today again this morning, then had to meet up with my parents who are in town to go to church, and then dinner.
1. Fitting at Mediacorp Monday
2. Tuesday: Press conference for the hosting job with Mediacorp (I'll put ALL the details here, not to worry! ;) ), then I've a casting, then an event that goes all the way to midnight.
3. Wednesday: Head to KL for a fitting with my designer, Jovian.
4. Thursday morning: Radio Interview with Fly.fm in the morning, then catching the first flight I can back to Singapore; head to St. James Power Station where I will be hosting this year's Elle Awards.
5. Friday morning - catch 7am flight back to KL, to attend a ball; wearing the dress Jovian so kindly made for me.
Jeez I almost got a cramp in my hand typing all that down. Lets hope we make it through the next week alive. Not dreading it at all - more excited than anything.
Oh and keep the comments coming, guys. Its nice to know that I have people reading my blog; do leave a comment, even if its just to say hi. :) Also, if you come across any pictures online or in mags that you dont see up here yet, do let me know of it, and I'll put the pic up and recognise that you sent it to me of course.
Take care, and I hope you're having a rockin' week just like me! :)