Yep, I'm back to work at ESPN, this time its a Sunday. Couldn't go to a friend's birthday last night due to work today.. (sigh the sacrifices my social life has to take I tell you).
A few thoughts and things over the weekend...
1. How come not many Singaporeans wore green yesterday?? I did. Had to rummage through my entire wardrobe, but I eventually found something green. I decided to watch a movie, made a quick pop in at Orchard Cineleisure only to find all tickets booked out. I ended up walking from that point to Cathay next to Plaza Sing; and the only thing screening was My Wife is a Gangster 3. Almost gave it a miss, and decided to watch it in the end... I must say its not too bad. Good humour, whoever the comedy scriptwriter was, he/she was good. I quite liked it. Or maybe I just enjoyed the 'Diva' role played by Shu Qi .. I'd like to be able to get away with that once in a while! ;)
2. What is it about sweet popcorn that makes it so dang good? :P
3. How come there are SO many people on Orchard Road on the weekends? Like, seriously. I'm there almost every day of the week due to work/Gym/Lunch dates/MarieFrance.. I never see you guys! Where do you come from?! (Uh just for the note I do realise that y'all are from all over Singapore taking an easy weekend.. this was just a humorous post..)
4. Why do people walk so slowly sometimes? Its like they're walking slo-mo, either in big groups or couples holdign hands - and of course walking right in the middle of the lane... even to move into an escalator also so slow.. haiyoh. I was rushing to watch my movie, and there was this guy... with flip-flops.. and there was no flipping on his flip-flop; just "flopsh...flopsh.......fllllooppsshh..." cause he was walking SO SLOWLY. Even worse are the people who walk infront, and then turn around to look behind them, while walking. I hope those two girls at Cineleisure didn't drive like that......
5. How did Christian Bale become a walking skeleton in The Machinist? I watched it on Ch 5 two nights ago.. and wah lau. He was SO SKINNY that he looked SICK. He was apparently something like 120lbs (53 kg?) .. and he's 6 foot plus tall in height. Hey, I'M 58kg, i'm 5'10"-ish. And the best part was, he went from skin and bones, to UberHot Batman Begins physique. *Hats off*.
6. How do people watch TNT Wrestling without feeling like idiots? You know its acting, they know its acting; whats the point?
7. Who invented artificial sweeteners?
8. Who invented poker cards? As in the deck of cards - who invented it?
9. Am I the only one who can watch Figure Ice-Skating for hours and hours?
10. Why didn't my parents make me a kid tennis prodigy? :( I could be neck high in endorsements in the WTA. I mean, I have the height, I have the reach. I just dont know how to play tennis. *hehehehe* And I don't even need to win; look at Anna Kournikova. ;D
Okay enough of that. I gotta get back to work.
Cheers and Beers (to you drinkers out there. I don't actually drink beer. Don't like the taste.)
Have a good one.