But I had such great news today that I just had to blog about it and share it with you guys. ;) (*prompt awwwwwww from the audience, so touching that I thought of you guys,my honoured blog readers first. lol*). Yes, I had fantastic day.
1. Today was the launch of the new Marie France Spokesperson in Singapore.
Yeppers, Marie France Bodyline has extended my contract to Singapore (*woot*!) so the story of my past will be more known here on the Island. I hope to serve as an inspiration more so now than ever, to all of you out there; that if you want something, you can achieve it. I did. And this time last year, I would've told you that it'd be impossible to be where I am right now... (not like its so great or anything, I still have a looong way to go to be in the same league even as the big stars here in Singapore, but hey its somewhere, right?). So yes. To quote the Adidas campaign; Impossible is Nothing.
Much thanks first and foremost, to Marie France Bodyline, for the amazing opportunity, and for being such a joy to work with. Coming in a close second; Clarence for the makeup, there's a reason why he's known as one of the best in Singapore. Jeremy for being such a great guy with the styling; I wouldn't have looked as good without his taste in fashion. Ryan, for the hair - my hair is every hairstylist's nightmare btw. I have alot of it. Too much. ;D
Photos and stuff coming up very soon I promise.
Now on to the second reason why I'm a happy bunny..
2. Chris Daughtry is coming to Singapore.
I love love his music. I have grown to be quite the rocker chick as of late, and I have to say that he started my growth in musical taste from American Idol last year. He's such a great performer, I can't wait to catch him in action at St. James Powerhouse on the 20th of Sept. That's like next week, and I'm SO PSYCHED!
What's better is this: The wonderful people at Sony have requested that I host the event! *jumps up and down*
Two words. KENNOT WAIT!
Okay so I'll get back to reading Duncan French's article on "Developing states and international environmental law" now. Pooh.
ps. I would also like to highlight a few things:
i. The 8 days cover turned out fantastic, the photospread inside was fab. Thanks to the team for that once again.
ii. Initially when I read the interview, I was a little dazed as some of the statements I made were taken out of context. But after going through it again; I have to say that it could very well be due to the fact that the poor writer had to edit SO MUCH of what I said; due to the fact that I tend to talk ALOT when I get interviewed. If she wrote what I said, exactly as to how I said things; the interview would be something like 10 pages longer. Plus she gave it an obviously slightly more interesting twist; 8days is an entertainment magazine after all. Just one of the examples, below. There are quite a few bits in the article that I should clarify as well, let me know if you'd like to know which bits.
eg: When she asked me what I do to prepare for cover shoots, I mentioned that I sometimes (once a month?) eat watermelon the night before a shoot for dinner. She didnt have the page space to go on and say that, actually I love fruit, and would quite happily eat it for breakfast lunch and dinner... and when I eat watermelon for a 'cleansing' effect (love the detox that follows a meal of fruit), that its not just one slice. I have approximately HALF a large watermelon. So obviously it fills me up. *laughs* Just thought I'd clarify that bit.
Y'know what? Since I am already procrastinating doing research paper as it is, and I'm in the mood for some creative writing, I think I'm going to write out some little tricks of the trade that I've learnt thus far - with regards to looking good for a special day. Hope you girls (and guys?) find this useful, for say a big date, or Prom Night. ;)
Simple Tricks to and Tips to Look that Little Bit Better!
1. If you tend to retain lots of water, try to cut down on salty food for a couple of days before the Big Day. I'm not saying that you need to go on a sodium-free diet, but maybe just push aside that bag of Twisties for a later in the week?
2. Try to have dinner early the day before, as late night foods may cause bloat in some people.
3. Use a facial mask a day before, to moisturise the skin.
4. If you fancy a tan, and would like to get a healthy Glow to your skin, jump into the shower and spend a good 20 minute body scrub. I love those scrub gloves you can get at any local pharmacy, just pump the (moiturising!) body wash on the gloves and go crazy. Your skin will feel really nice and smooth. If you really have the time and energy, use this special scrub (that I learnt from something I read Catherine Zeta Jones does). [Very useful if you aren't able to pamper yourself with body treatments from Marie France.]
DIY Moisturising Body Scrub
5 tablespoons of honey.
4 tablespoons of salt.
Take mixture and use as ordinary body scrub. Scrub till salt disolves, or you get tired or bored. ;) Please make sure that it doesn't go into your eyes, and that you don't have any paper cuts/shaving grazes anywhere. :S Otherwise it'll be a momentarily blinding moment of pain in the shower, and I will not be held responsible for any injuries that follow.
5. No money or time for hair treatments? No worries. Put extra moisturising conditioner in hair, put a shower cap over it, and wait for approximately an hour (or more if you like) while you go about your day at home. I do this sometimes when I wake up in the morning, while I answer emails and such. The 'softness' of the hair won't last as long as it would if you had it professionally done, but its good enough for 'that special occassion'.
6. Moisturise your body before bed. Any body lotion will do, just put as much as your skin will absorb before jumping into bed.
7. If you're going to be appearing in skin-baring clothes (eg. halter gown, or even a bikini) ; an even tan ALWAYS makes you look more toned, and slimmer. If you dislike the sun and want to opt for a more temporary look, use a sunless tan, comes in lotion or spray form, available at most pharmacies. I know for a fact that the at the Isetan in Scotts sells 'em. Apply only when you're not going out, and after you do so don't wear anything light coloured; it'll stain the clothes. Leave lotion on for approx 3 hours before washing off residue. (pssst. I did this for the FHM shoot; nice even colour on the skin, right? :D) Don't over do it otherwise you'll end up looking like carrot. It has an orange tint to it, see. And VERY IMPORTANT; remember to wash your hands thoroughly after. Otherwise your palms and nails will get stained. Not a pretty sight.
8. DONT PICK THAT PIMPLE. If you're out of pimple cream, dab a little toothpaste on it the night before. It'll help dry out the pimple. Just make sure it doesn't smear on the rest of your face, (and I said DAB, as in a LITTLE BIT), toothpaste is NOT good for the skin.
9. Wash your hair the day before the big day, very thoroughly, as 'one day old' hair is easier to style than freshly washed hair. This applies only to girls with long hair.
10. Rest well the day before. And don't try to update blogs at 2.30am just cause you want to avoid doing work that is due at the end of the week.
Hope that helps, tell me if you try any of the above. Let me know how it works out. ;)