Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Busses and Trains

Warning: the following post was writing lying on the couch in front of the telly watching Supernatural. Feeling absolutely blank in the hea before, as I was up all night yesterday writing my 24 hour take-home exam paper on European Law. In true fashionable style, I handed it in two minutes before the deadline (12 noon today). Sad to say I'm a little 'written out' - but I still wanted to update my blog, as Dan posted in the comment earlier about taking buses and trains... so hear goes.

As mentioned in my earlier post, I mentioned briefly how I've been taking busses & MRTs alot more often these days.

You see, I'm ashamed to say that I've been one pampered girl my whole life. When I was a kid, I had a driver fetching me to and fro from school, and when I obtained my driving license, I had a second hand Perodua Kembara, and I had the freedom to drive myself everywhere.

Coming to Singapore about three years ago, I think I've sat on a bus once, and an MRT perhaps five or six times. In three years. (I know, how horrible and spoilt can I be? Lol.)

So since I started staying closer to town after I moved out of my residence at the National University of Singapore, earlier this year I figured that I'd not take cabs everywhere all the time, and take busses and MRTs as and when I can.

I mean, if we all do our part and start taking shared transport more often, we'd definitely contribute to the reduction of congestion on the road, and polution. And at the same time, we'll get to save a coupla bucks.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like the little girl has all grown up lol..;p...
Am interested to get to know you better. Any email address for me to contact you, or do I contact you via the email address on your website?

Hobbes said...

Give it up, bro. Mere mortals don't correspond with supermodels.

Anyway, Andrea, you're lookin' mighty fine on the newsstands although I must say you look better without all of FHM's signature photoshop work.

Cherrios.

Anonymous said...

Aren't supermodels mortals as well? =)

So would it not be alright for a mere mortal to correspond with a super(mortal)?

Hobbes said...

That's quibbling on semantics.

But hey, whatever floats your boat:)

Andrea Fonseka said...

Quit squabbling, boys. ;)

Anonymous said...

Heya Andrea , Tati here.. just saw your website.. you look gorgeous!

=))

keep it up darls.

t.